Scope Of Care:
We provide Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health services to eligible beneficiaries including active duty, reservists, retirees, and dependents. These services include communicable disease investigation and control, medical event/disease reporting, and food service/habitability/childcare inspections.
For Temporary Food Events on Base the following requirements must be met: Everyone who handles food (preparing or serving) must have:
The organization hosting the Temporary Food Event must have:
- Temporary Food Event Permits are required if food is being offered for sale.
- Guidelines for Temporary Food Service Establishments
- Temporary Food Service Application
- Contact Preventive Medicine at 257-5950 to arrange for menu specific just in time training. The menu should be established ahead of time. Please allow at least one week prior to the event to arrange for training.
- For temporary events out in town: Please refer to the Island County Health Department website at: Island County Health Department or call 240-5554 or 679-7350.
Patients are seen by appointment only. Please call clinic for questions or to schedule an appointment.
Links of Interest: **
For additional information on flu, please refer to the following websites:
For Seasonal Influenza Flyers and Brochures to post on your refrigerator:
Environmental Health Issues:
- Department of Health Marine Biotoxin – Lethal levels of marine biotoxins lead to large recreational shellfish closures: Recreational shellfish harvesters are advised to check the Department of Health's Marine Biotoxin web site or call the agencies biotoxin hotline, 1-800-562-5632, before harvesting shellfish anywhere in this state.
Preventive Medicine Clinics Online Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) – Patients are invited to take our online Customer Services Survey every time you visit our facility, especially if you see a difference in the care you receive, whether positive or negative. This is the only way that we have of getting feedback from our beneficiaries to try and make a positive and lasting impression of our facility and most importantly your healthcare treatment.
Uniform Business Office – Questions Concerning Insurance.
** The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor of the linked web sites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation sites, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Department of Defense web site.