Most appointments are made through the Safety Department at the member's Command. Appointment requests containing the SECNAV 5100 can be sent to:
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE EXAMINATIONS:
- Medical Surveillance Examinations are designed to protect workers who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances in the workplace. Placement of personnel in medical surveillance programs is based primarily on the results of the Industrial Hygiene Survey completed by the Industrial Hygiene Department. These hazards may include: asbestos, lead, isocyanates, cadmium, solvents, noise, ionizing radiation, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc. Examinations are conducted on a periodic basis based on Medical Matrix 12 requirements.
JOB CERTIFICATION EXAMINATIONS:
- Job certification examinations are for jobs that have specific medical standards, licensing requirements or are mandated by instruction. These include: firefighter, respirator certification, forklift operator, healthcare worker, childcare worker, motor vehicle operator, explosives handler and driver, crane operator, etc. The examination frequency varies based on the certification based on Medical Matrix 12 requirements.
WORK RELATED INJURY AND ILLNESS CARE FOR CIVILIAN EXPLOYEE:
- Civil Service and Non- Appropriated funds employees are eligible for some basic care in occupational Medicine for their work-related (occupational) injuries and illnesses. Services are very limited please call ahead for information. Civilian members have the right to choose their provider of choice for injuries and illnesses. Contractors are not seen in the clinic for injuries they must follow the contracting agencies policy and instructions on injuries.
REPRODUCTIVE HAZARDS CONSULTATIONS:
- Members can book their appointments directly after pregnancy has been confirmed by their PCM. They must provide a completed NAVMED 6260/9 (Occupational Exposures of Reproductive or Developmental Concerns- Supervisor and Workers statements).
BLOOD AND BODY FLUID EXPOSURES (BBP):
- Hotlink (Exposure to Blood and Body Fluid BBP) is located under at the Hospital. “LaunchPoint” under Environment of Care (EOC). This link provides forms and general provider information.
- Please see BBP Hospital exposure control plan under the infection control manual.
- These pre-placement exams are coordinated directly with the HR Hiring Agency.
WORKSITE EVALUATIONS FOR HAZARDS:
- These are coordinated by calling the clinic directly during business hours. Usually evaluations are conducted as a team with Occupational Medicine, Employee, Employees Supervisor, Safety and Industrial Hygiene.
Links of Interest: **
Medical Surveillance and Certification
** The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor of the linked web sites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation sites, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Department of Defense web site.