Appointments: (Clinic and Virtual)
Please do not bring anyone into the hospital that you suspect may have chicken pox, measles, or other communicable disease. Call ahead to Clinic so they may prepare for the patient and give directions on where to arrive
MHS GENESIS Patient Portal: https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil/
The Medical Appointment: The patient is an active partner in their health care.
Advice for achieving the best benefit from a medical appointment includes:
- Let your Provider know if you need any special accommodations, or need additional appointment time for your visit.
- Bring a list of questions or concerns.
- Ask specialist Providers to send reports to your primary care doctor.
- Bring a list of any medicines, vitamins, or remedies you use.
- Ask for educational material on your conditions.
- Ask when you are to return for your next visit.
- Provide feedback to your doctor about your visit.
- Update your provider about any care you have received outside of the NHOH Medical Home Port team.
- Ask us about our Behavioral Health Integrated Program.
Scope Of Care:
The Family Medicine department provides care for TRICARE Prime active duty, retirees, and family members of all ages.
Additional Clinic Information:
- Acute Care
- Physical exams
- Well woman exams
- Chronic Disease Management
- Preventive Health Care
- Behavioral Health Care/Consultation
- Case Management
- Physical Therapy/Consultation
- Language interpreter services are available. Please inform your Medical Home Port team of any language, cultural or communication needs.
- MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure email system that allows you to email your Provider/Team for advice, request a non-urgent appointment, request renewal of medications or referrals, receive lab/test results and receive health care reminders from your team. Sign up at:https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil/.
- Please arrive with your military issued identification and TRICARE cards so you may be properly checked in for your appointment.
Links of Interest: **
Medical Resources To Manage Your Chronic Conditions:
Medical Resources To Help You Eat Healthy:
Other Helpful Links:
- – Health information for the whole family.
- HealthyChildren.org – Trusted healthcare information endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- How to Transition from Pediatric to Adult Health Care – Transitioning from childhood to adulthood is exciting and challenging—both as a young person and as a parent of a young person. Preparing for health care transition often receives less attention than preparing for other transitions in school, work, relationships, and independent living.
- Medical Home Port Online Interactive Customer Evaluation – Patients are invited to take our online Customer Services Survey every time you visit our facility, especially if you see a difference in the care you receive, whether positive or negative. This is the only way that we have of getting feedback from our Family Practice patients to try and make a positive and lasting impression of our facility and most importantly your healthcare treatment.
- Uniform Business Office – Questions Concerning Insurance.
** The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor of the linked web sites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation sites, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Department of Defense web site.